President Donald Trump warned the large migrant caravan headed for the U.S. border that they’d do well to turn back around and go home, but they didn’t listen. Now, they might be realizing their big mistake after Trump’s latest announcement. This is going to get ugly.
Reports last week estimated that the Trump administration was preparing to send 800 U.S. troops to the border to stave off the thousands-strong caravan of Central American migrants. Now, that number has drastically increased.
According to The Wall Street Journal, “The U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest U.S. border in anticipation of a caravan of would-be asylum seekers and migrants currently moving northward in Mexico, U.S. officials said Monday.”
The plans, dubbed “Operation Faithful Patriot,” reportedly call for 1,800 troops to deploy to Texas, 1,700 to Arizona, and 1,500 to California.
Under “Operation Faithful Patriot,” troops are expected to be assigned to ports of entry in the early phase. They are expected to support Border Patrol agents and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers in dealing with the anticipated migrant caravan arrivals.
The troops are expected to come from about ten U.S. Army installations. The composition of the forces is expected to include military police, engineers, and medical personnel.
CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan said his agency is updating “longstanding plans to deal with a mass migration situation.” Those plans include temporary holding and processing facilities, he said.
McAleenan said he plans to ensure the CBP can “secure the ports (of entry) and prevent a large group from coming at one time.” [Source: Breitbart]
President Donald Trump is expected to make a speech on Tuesday to outline other actions he will take to stop the migrant caravan from successfully entering the United States. Those could include a national security-based executive order to limit or halt the migrant’s ability to make asylum claims at the border.
“Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process,” the president tweeted. “This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!”
Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 29, 2018
Indeed, the caravan is chock-full of dangerous criminals and gang members. That much was openly admitted by one of the migrants himself during an on-camera interview with Fox News. “Criminals are everywhere,” said Honduran immigrant Nixon Hernandez. “It’s criminals in here. It is. But it is not that many. It is good people here trying to get through Mexico and then get to the United States. It doesn’t mean that everybody is a criminal.”
While there are undoubtedly “good people” traveling with the migrant caravan, it only takes a handful of bad eggs to make a major, irreversible impact. After all, the Boston Marathon bombing was carried out by just two people; the 9/11 terrorist attacks were perpetrated by only 19 men, yet still resulted in nearly 3,000 dead Americans.
In a tweet last week, independent reporter Sara Carter announced that people from India, Bangladesh, and Africa are part of the mob headed for the U.S. border. She made the startling discovery after searching through the throngs of immigrants herself to see exactly who was making the trek.
Guatemalan intelligence discovered people from India, Bangladesh, Africa had also joined in with the caravan -I bumped into a number of young MS 13 gang members. @JudicialWatch Chris Farrell and Guatemalan Secretary of Strategic Intelligence Mario Duarte on the border w/ me pic.twitter.com/qFkRUuXEiv
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) October 22, 2018
Adding to concerns is the fact that a whopping 80 percent of these migrants are grown men under the age of 35 — don’t let the mainstream media fool you into believing that the caravan is full of women and children. There are some women and children making the trek, but their numbers pale in comparison to the able-bodied men on the journey; able-bodied men who are fully capable of holding a job and making a decent living in their home countries.
Are there dangerous criminals traveling with the migrant caravan headed for the U.S. border? Yes. There’s no question about it. Make no mistake, this is a national security emergency.