The news cycle came to a crashing halt a few days ago when “suspicious packages” were sent to prominent Democrats and vocal enemies of President Donald Trump. This morning FBI investigators arrested Cesar Sayoc Jr. He is a 56-year-old Native American and resident of Florida who has a long rap sheet including “terrorist threats.” Sayoc has been identified as a Trump supporter, but there’s just one huge problem. Don’t miss this.
Fifty-six-year-old Cesar Sayoc Jr. was taken into custody at an Auto Zone store in Plantation, Florida this morning. He is the lone suspect so far in the pipe bomb scare. Right away, reporters zeroed in on Sayoc’s Facebook page which is filled with pictures of him wearing a MAGA hat and his white van which was plastered with hateful bumper stickers against the Democrats along with pro-Trump bumper stickers.
The Daily Mail reports, “Cesar Altier Sayoc, 56, was taken into custody on Friday morning in Plantation, Florida in connection with the 12 suspicious packages that have been discovered this week. According to Sayoc’s Facebook page, he is a Trump fan who posted pictures and videos of himself at one of the President’s rallies in October 2016.”
They add, “He claims to be Native American, and according to a picture posted on his social media page, he is a member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Other information from his LinkedIn page suggests that Sayoc is Filipino. He shared bodybuilding pictures and appears to have worked in a strip club. He expressed his dislike of Hillary Clinton and posted stories about incidents of Islamic terrorism.”
President Donald Trump addressed the arrest in remarks at the White House, saying, “We must never allow political violence to take root in America.” He promised “swift and certain justice” and said that the suspect would be prosecuted “to the fullest extent of the law.”
Let’s be clear: Cesar Sayoc is a nutjob. And everyone condemns him, in the strongest way possible. But this man was so suspicious that back in April, allegedly, one Florida resident saw his van and it was so disturbing he took several pictures of it. Normal people do not drive around in this type of vehicle. It screams, “I’m a dangerous crazy man.”
In fact, the man who took these pictures finding Sayoc’s white van so disturbing, Mahmud Mohamed, tweeted them to CBS Miami this morning alleging he took them in April.
— Mahmud mohamed (@thereal_mo01) October 26, 2018
Then, there is the way Sayoc allegedly constructed these “pipe bombs” and the utter sloppiness in which he allegedly sent them. It’s almost like he wanted to get caught. Last night on the Ingraham Angle, Laura Ingraham questioned Danny Coleson, former Assistant Director of the FBI who was the lead agent for the Oklahoma bombings, and Ryan Morris, an explosive training expert.
Both of these highly trained bomb experts agreed. The devices they saw, including the x-rays, look laughable. Morris said, “Mickey mouse [devices] or from a Hollywood movie.” Both men concluded that this isn’t a “real bomber.” They also concluded that anyone who sent them knew they weren’t going to hurt anyone.
Danny Coleman watched a video clip of Governor Cuomo fear-mongering and saying, “It’s wrong to say these are fake bombs. The bombs were designed to detonate or intimidate.” Coleman exclaimed, shaking his head, “That’s laughable.” He goes on to say, “I tend to believe the purpose was not to hurt anybody. They aren’t capable of injuring people, and that’s verified by the technicians who examined them. So what is the purpose? I think it’s theater.”
Those in law enforcement are questioning Sayoc’s alleged motivation since these so-called pipe bombs could not detonate. And, there are unconfirmed reports Sayoc was a registered Democrats until 2016. Lara Loomer tweets, “Reports may show that #CesarSayoc is a registered Republican, but documentation shows that he hasn’t always been. He changed his registration in 2016. He was once a Democrat. The media won’t tell you that. He could very well still have Democrat values but like Trump.”
Reports may show that #CesarSayoc is a registered Republican, but documentation shows that he hasn’t always been.
He changed his registration in 2016.
He was once a Democrat.
The media won’t tell you that.
He could very well still have Democrat values but like Trump. https://t.co/j23vBlJdNs
— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) October 26, 2018
So, what we have is a guy who is apparently as loony as they come. His very existence is screaming for attention. He has a long rap sheet and must have been on an FBI watch list.
But what is really causing seasoned law enforcement officers to question this man’s alleged crime is his underlying motivation. He must have known the bombs were not functional, and so in his warped mind, did he really think this would scare these people? They have the Secret Service and other security people protecting them.
President Trump tweeted, “Republicans are doing so well in early voting, and at the polls, and now this ‘Bomb’ stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows – news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!”
Republicans are doing so well in early voting, and at the polls, and now this “Bomb” stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows – news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 26, 2018
That’s the big problem. For being a so-called Trump supporter, Cesar Sayoc did a lot of harm to the president by flipping the news cycle and thus slowing down the GOP momentum. Now, we must flip the script back to the real issues that our country faces.
We know the mainstream media will continue to ramp up coverage on this bomb scare, so we must do our best to spread the word that now is not the time to back down. Every vote counts and every person has a right to speak. Let’s make sure President Trump has the Congress he needs to continue to Make America Great Again.